This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
Code of Conduct
We believe our community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a safe, friendly, and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion.
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior, for both the in-person event and the virtual event.
We invite all sponsors, speakers, attendees, media, exhibitors, and other participants to help us realize a safe and positive conference experience for everyone. All determinations of appropriate or inappropriate behavior are in Informa's sole discretion and the decision(s) of the Informa representatives will be final.
- You will behave in a way as to create a safe and supportive environment for all Black Hat event participants whether participating online or in person at Black Hat (including Black Hat employees, moderators, attendees, vendors, sponsors, speakers, and volunteers).
- You will not engage in disruptive speech or behavior or otherwise interfere with any portion of the in-person or virtual event, or other individuals' participation in the event.
- You will not engage in any form of harassing, offensive, discriminatory, or threatening speech or behavior, including (but not limited to) relating to race, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other protected category.
- You will comply with the instructions of the moderator and any Black Hat event staff.
- You will comply with all applicable laws.
Health and Safety
Black Hat will be organized in accordance with the latest health and safety regulations, guidelines, and recommendations, as directed by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, World Health Organization, and the Southern Nevada Health District.
- You will not attend Black Hat while experiencing any symptoms of Covid. The current list of symptoms as defined by the CDC are:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Masks should be worn in accordance with local recommendations and requirements. As of July 30th, in accordance with the State of Nevada's Emergency Directive 045, all individuals regardless of vaccination status are required to wear masks in public indoor settings. Therefore, all attendees will be required to wear masks throughout the event.
- Facemasks are not required while eating and drinking. Speakers may remove masks while presenting.
- You will respect the requests of Black Hat health and safety ambassadors.
- You will comply with foot traffic management guidance, including signage, conference volunteer directions, floor markings, entrance and exit signs, and other direction as required.
We expect all in-person and virtual event participants (including Black Hat employees, moderators, attendees, vendors, sponsors, speakers, and volunteers) to uphold the principles of this Code of Conduct. This Code of Conduct covers the in-person event, virtual event, and all related events (social or otherwise). Informa employees participating in in-person or virtual events must continue to abide by all company policies at all times.
Breaches of this Code of Conduct may result in disqualification from participating in future events and from engagement across Black Hat blogs, online forums, and social media channels.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact Steve Wylie, General Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or Meredith Omori, Lead Operations Manager, email@example.com.
The above policies may be revised at any time by Informa and are non-negotiable. This Code of Conduct is without prejudice to Informa's rights, all of which it expressly reserves.