Prerequisites and What to bring:
TCPIP and Linux, intermediate to advanced experience or education with security, testing, and vulnerability assessment, Windows and Linux. 1 year of IT Security experience.
Security University and Black Hat have been flooded with requests to include the LPT workshop "Test" at Black Hat USA 2007. This LPT "Test" is only available to ECSA registered attendees and takes place immediately after the ECSA exam on the last day of the ECSA class.
The LPT Test is an additional "workshop test fee" that lasts between 3-4 hours and is not a part of the ECSA class. The Black Hat LPT Test special will be $1600, 45% off the retail LPT workshop fee of $2,995 and is available only to those who complete the ECSA course at Black Hat USA 2007. The LPT Test will begin after the ECSA exam is completed in the same room. Pizza will be served to keep you focused on your targets. Don't miss this once in a life time opportunity to be one of the group to get your Black Hat LPT EC-Certification.
The LPT "Test" is gathering the documentation of the "LPT Test" target (information) and creating an executive and detailed report for management about network weaknesses, vulnerabilities and recommendations to improve risk. You will use your newly learned penetration testing skills (in teams) to escalate privileges and gather information on 4-6 LPT test boxes. After the 3-4 hours of gathering target information, you will take the documented information your team gathered and on your own, produce a complete Penetration Testing Report including an executive and detailed report for management to be delivered to your client, Security University by 12AM, Monday, August 6, 2007.
The objective of an EC-Council Licensed Penetration Tester is to ensure that each professional licensed follow a strict code of ethics and are exposed to the best practices in the domain of penetration testing and aware of all compliance requirements required by the industry.
Unlike a normal security certification, the licensed penetration tester is a program which trains security professionals to analyze the security posture of a network and recommend corrective measures authoritatively.
- Achieve Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Certification or Qualified Security Hacker.
- Achieve ECSA Security Analyst certification
- Complete LPT Training Criteria:
- Complete the LPT Application form. A training source agreement approval should be endorsed by the sponsoring agency.
- Documentation on criminal background check, or an authentication from an investigation agency absolving a criminal history.
- Resume with detailed professional experience, previous certification/certificates and references for verification to be submitted.
- Agree to Code of Ethics
- Attend LPT workshop
- Endorsement as a penetration testing professional and allows them to practice as penetration testing consultant internationally.
Industry acceptance as a legal and ethical security professional
- Access to proprietary EC-Council software, templates and penetration testing methodologies.
- Acquire knowledge from experienced hands-on penetration testing methodologies and latest penetration testing practices.
Security University's goal is prepare and qualify security professionals to protect electronic assets. SU "helps raise the level of computer security and information assurance in your company" by providing hands-on computer security training for executives, network professionals, system administrators, security administrators and consultants.
Security University is the first computer security training company to provide IT professionals a complete hands-on computer security curriculum for the creation of secure infrastructures. And in 2007 is the first to provide qualified information security training, educations and testing.
Each class provides SU escalating security workshops and hands-on technical labs that teach how to plan, implement, build and maintain security and compliance to reduce risk.