Designed as the natural follow-on course to Ultimate Hacking and other “hacking” classes, Ultimate Hacking: Expert brings your security skills up-to-date with the latest techniques, exploits and threats. This is an action-packed two-day hands-on course designed for the advanced security professional interested in discovering the inner workings of serious security vulnerabilities and the most effective techniques to counter them.
But don’t just listen to us put your skills to use and learn by doing. Foundstone challenges you with countless hands-on exercises to demonstrate your expertise as you race other students to achieve the ultimate goal…getting root.
- Advanced network reconnaissance including stealth scans and identification of services running on non-standard ports
- Monitoring switched networks using arp spoofing and other techniques
- The dangers and detection of covert channels are explored using ICMP, UDP, TCP and HTTP protocols
- SQL hacking methodologies
- Advanced UNIX® configuration techniques
- Compilation and test of malicious Linux® Kernel Modules
- Client-side Attacks
- Buffer Overflow - hands on!
Why Do We Teach This Class?
Keeping up with the latest security threats, techniques, and tools is a never ending challenge. Ultimate Hacking: Expert meets the experienced security pro’s needs by focusing on the most sophisticated attack vectors.
Skipping theory and hacker basics, Foundstone instructors dig deep into these developing threats to give you the raw knowledge and the hands-on experience to proactively secure your systems and develop countermeasures for possible future attacks.
Who Teaches This Class?
Your instructors are simply the very best. Foundstone instructors are practicing security consultants who bring real world experiences from their hundreds of security engagements to the classroom. They have a broad range of expertise and have collectively taught thousands of students.
Dedicated to pushing boundaries and staying at the fore-front of hacking techniques and technologies, our students have said, “These guys are scary…you should lock them up!”
What Do I Get?
You get more than just knowledge of the latest hacker tricks and techniques. You take home the following cool stuff:
- Certificate of Completion
- A copy of the bestselling book “Hacking Exposed 5th Edition”
- A cool Foundstone T-shirt
- A bootable BackTrack(tm) distribution - BackTrack is the Top rated Linux live distribution
focused on penetration testing. The merging of two very popular distributions (Whax and Auditor Security Collection) has catapulted BackTrack
to the #1 spot on the "Top 100 Network Security Tools" list - http://sectools.org.!
Plus, you don’t need to bring anything with you to the class. You will be provided a laptop to use throughout the class as your attack platform as you put your new skills to work.
Who Should Take the Course?
System and network administrators, security personnel, auditors, and consultants with advanced Windows and UNIX skills and at least 3 years of security experience to fully benefit from this class. If you do not have advanced level skills, please consider taking the Foundstone Ultimate Hacking: Black Hat Edition class also being offered at Black Hat.