We strongly advise that you print this page and keep a copy for your records.
Once you have completed your registration, please read your Order Confirmation email and Receipt to make sure that you have been registered for the correct class BEFORE the start of the conference. If you find that you have been registered for the incorrect class, you must contact us by June 30 in order for us to move you to the class you originally wanted to be in (space pending). We cannot move you to another class after July 1. Please read the TRAINING CLASS CHANGE REQUEST policy below.
- Once you submit your registration you are not entitled to a refund.
- Fees are non-refundable after June 30, 2006.
- All lunch and reception tickets are non-refundable.
- Paid registrants who do not submit a Registration Cancellation Form by June 30, 2006, fail to send a substitute or do not attend the conference forfeit their entire registration fee.
- Registrants who must cancel may substitute another person by submitting a Black Hat Substitution Request Form. Please see the section on SUBSTITUTIONS.
- Individuals are responsible for canceling their own hotel and travel reservations. Black Hat does not accept liability for hotel or travel costs.
- Paid registrants who cancel and do not substitute another person will receive a refund less a $300 processing fee if notification is submitted in writing via a completed Registration Cancellation Form on or before June 30, 2006.
- If you cancel and re-register, your new registration will reflect the current pricing as of the date of your final registration. Earlier registration pricing will not be honored.
- If you have erroneously registered twice for the same event (eg twice for the Briefings or same training class), you must submit a Registration Cancellation Form immediately and no later than June 30 or you will be responsible for the costs of both events.
- Failure to attend the conference without written notification as detailed above prior to the start of the course will be considered a "No Show" and will result in forfeiture of fees paid in full.
- If you register, have not paid, and do not cancel your registration by June 30, your registration may be automatically cancelled on July 1. If you do not respond to Black Hat attempts to contact you regarding the status of your payment, your registration will be cancelled. You will receive notification of your cancelled registration via email.
- If you have already registered and paid in full your registration, you are not eligible for a discount if your organization also submits and qualifies for a group registration at a later date. You may cancel your registration minus the $300 registration fee by June 30 if you wish to partake in your organization's group registration.
Download the Registration Cancellation Form
TRAINING CLASS CANCELLATIONS BY BLACKHAT
If Black Hat is forced to close a training class due to low enrollment, you have the following options:
- receive a refund your monies in full should you choose to cancel your training
- move to another class if there is space in the class. You should complete the form that was sent to you via email and return it as directed on the form
You will not receive a refund for the entire conference should you choose to cancel your entire registration. You will only receive a refund for the cancelled class. If you wish to cancel your entire registration, please complete the Registration Cancellation Form.
Substitutions, including those made on site, are allowed with the written permission of the original registrant. You may submit your request via e-mail or fax by completing the Black Hat Substitution Request Form.
A substitution is a straight transfer of registration credentials.
- If your substitution requires us to process a new payment (change in credit card, additional class fees), this is considered a NEW registration and the person will be required to complete the on-line registration form and billed for all applicable registration fees.
- If your substitution requires a training class change, this is considered a NEW registration and the person will be required to complete the on-line registration form and billed all applicable registration fees.
Outstanding balances are due at the start of the conference. Admission to the training and briefings will not be allowed and registration credentials will not be issued until all fees have been paid in full. Black Hat reserves the right to cancel your training registraton if we do not receive payment by June 30.
EIN/TIN: 11-2240940; Dun and Bradstreet: 06-592-6420
Wire Transfers: If you are paying by check or wire transfer, please note that payment in full needs to reach Black Hat no later than June 30, 2006 or your training and briefings registration may be cancelled and the seat given to a paid registrant. You will be notified in the event of this happening.
Download Wire Transfer Payment Form
Credit Cards: We accept Mastercard, Visa & American Express. All credit cards are processed at the time of your registration.
Download Credit Card Payment Form
Credit Cards - Change of Payment: If the credit card you provided us with has been successfully charged and you request that a different card be charged, you will incur a $100 administration fee.
Download Credit Card Change Request Form
Checks: If your check is returned to us as unprocessable, you will incur a $50 check handling fee and must provide payment in the form of a Certified Check or US money order. You will be notified in the event of this happening.
All checks should be endorsed to: Black Hat - CMP Media
Checks should be mailed to:
1932 1st Ave, #204
Seattle, WA 98101
Purchase Order: Purchase Orders are NOT ACCEPTED for this event. You may request an invoice but Black Hat does not agree to any terms of purchase orders.
All payments are due by June 30 or your registration will be canceled. If you are registered for a training class, your seat will be released to a paying delegate.
Refunds will only be given if a Registration Cancellation Request Form is completed and returned by June 30, 2006.
- Credit Cards: Refunds for credit car payments will only be to the original card charged.
- Checks: Payments made via check will be refunded with a check. Checks will be issued NET 30 from the date of receipt of a completed Registration Cancellation Request Form.
- Wires: Payments made via wire will be refunded with a check. Checks will be issued NET 30 from the date of receipt of a completed Registration Cancellation Request Form.
Receipts are issued within 3 business days from the date payment has been processed. Receipts are only issued to registrants who are paid in full. Receipts will be sent via email to the REGISTRANT'S email address.
Coupon codes are only applicable to Briefings registrations. There are no discount codes available for Training registrations. Only one coupon code may be applied to an individual registration. Coupon codes may not be combined. Coupon codes must be applied at the time of registration. Coupon codes may not be applied after registrations have been paid.
Group discounts are available for groups of 6 or more attendees registered and paid at the same time. Please email [ping at blackhat dot com] for more information.
- Group registration requests are not available after July 1.
- We cannot retroactively apply a discount to a group if they have registered as individuals.
- ALL groups wishing to apply for a group discount must contact the conference administrator [ping at blackhat dot com] PRIOR to registering online.
- If you have already registered and paid in full your registration, you are not eligible for a discount if your organization also submits and qualifies for a group registration. You may cancel your registration minus the $300 registration fee by July 1 if you wish to partake in your organization's group registration.
TRAINING CLASS CHANGE REQUEST:
If you wish to change classes, you must submit the Training Class Change Request form by June 30, 2006. You will be billed the difference in the class cost. All outstanding fees must be paid in full by June 30.
- If you are owed a refund for the difference of the class cost, you will be sent a refund via the same method of payment.
- Class change requests will not be accepted after June 30, 2006.
- All trainers are paid per student registered for the class and it would be unfair to the trainers to change their expected enrollment once we have guaranteed them a certain number of students.
You are registered only for the training class you selected. In order to change classes, you must complete the Training Class Change Request no later than June 30, 2006, space pending. After this date, we cannot change your training class unless it is been cancelled.
Please Email your request to: blackhatregistration at ubm.com. Class space for the training is extremely limited and we have sold out in years past so there is no guarantee that space will be available in the class you are requesting.
All persons on the conference floor must have a badge visible on their person at all times. Spouses, friends, peers, etc are not granted access to the show floor without a badge. If you wish for them to accompany you to any of the conference events you must register and pay the associated fees.
All persons on the conference floor must have a badge visible on their person at all times. Spouses, friends, peers, etc are not granted access to the show floor without a badge. If you wish for them to accompany you to any of the conference events including meals, reception, breaks or sessions, you must register them and pay the appropriate fees. Lost badges will incur a replacement fee.
LETTERS OF INVITATION:
If you require a Letter of Invitation to attend this event, you must select "Letter of Invitation" on the on-line Registration form. Letters of Invitation are usually only required by foreigners who must obtain a VISA in order to attend the conference.
- All persons who require a Letter of Invitation to attend the conference must be registered and paid in full.
- Letters of Invitation will only be issued to the registrant and only after the registration is paid in full.
- Letters of Registration are only issued in the name of the registrant and will be sent via email, fax or postal mail unless you select to have the document shipped via Fed Ex.
- If you require a Letter of Invitation, please indicate this on the registration form.
- All requests for a Letter of Invitation must be received no later than June 30.
Letters of Invitation are only good for the person stated on the letter and will not allow an additional person or guest entrance to the conference. All additional persons must register and pay the required fees.
Fees are non-refundable for any of the meal functions, regardless if you participate or not. Kosher, vegetarian and Halal meals are available - please make the request at the time of your registration. All meal and reception only tickets are non-refundable.
Full paid Briefings delegates receive lunch on each day and entrance to the reception on the evening of Day 1. You do not have to purchase additional tickets for yourself if you are a paid Briefings delegate.
If you would like a non-Briefings registered person to attend the luncheons or reception with you, you may purchase additonal meal and reception tickets. The meal and reception only tickets WILL NOT allow the person to attend any of the sessions nor will it allow them to be on the conference floor during the sessions. If you wish for them to attend a session, partake in the breaks or be on the conference floor at any time, you must purchase a full Briefings registration.
Software purchased through the Black Hat website are non-refundable for any reason.
- Black Hat Conference Proccedings CD are non-refundable. Conference Proceedings CDs do not contain any audio or video- they contain speaker provided presentation materials such as slides, tools and code.
Continuing Professional Education Credits (CPE):
- 16 CPE units for the conference (Wednesday-Thursday)
- 16 CPE units for each 2-day training session
- 8 CPE units for each 1-day training session
- Special service for CISSPs and SSCPs: Black Hat will automatically forward your earned CPE units to ISC2 upon completion of training. Please provide your certificate number on the registration form.
Black Hat US 2006 Registration Terms and Conditions