We strongly advise that you print this page and keep a copy for your records.
Once you have completed your registration, please read your Order Confirmation email and Receipt to make sure that you have been registered for the correct class BEFORE the start of the conference. If you find that you have been registered for the incorrect class, you must contact us by March 15, 2009 in order for us to move you to the class you originally wanted to be in (space pending). We cannot move you to another class after March 15. Please read the TRAINING CLASS CHANGE REQUEST policy below.
- Once you submit your registration you are not entitled to a refund.
- Fees are non-refundable after March 15, 2009.
- All lunch and reception tickets are non-refundable.
- Paid registrants who do not submit a Registration Cancellation Form by March 15, 2009, fail to send a substitute or do not attend the conference forfeit their entire registration fee.
- Registrants who must cancel may substitute another person by submitting a Black Hat Substitution Request Form. Please see the section on SUBSTITUTIONS.
- Individuals are responsible for canceling their own hotel and travel reservations. Black Hat does not accept liability for hotel or travel costs.
- Paid registrants who cancel and do not substitute another person will receive a refund less a EUR 300 processing fee if notification is submitted in writing via a completed Registration Cancellation Form on or before March 15, 2009.
- If you cancel and re-register, your new registration will reflect the current pricing as of the date of your final registration. Earlier registration pricing will not be honored.
- If you have erroneously registered twice for the same event (eg twice for the Briefings or same training class), you must submit a Registration Cancellation Form immediately and no later than March 15, 2009 or you will be responsible for the costs of both events.
- Failure to attend the conference without written notification as detailed above prior to the start of the course will be considered a "No Show" and will result in forfeiture of fees paid in full.
- If you register, have not paid, and do not cancel your registration by March 15, 2009, your registration may be automatically cancelled on March 16, 2009. If you do not respond to Black Hat attempts to contact you regarding the status of your payment, your registration will be cancelled. You will receive notification of your cancelled registration via email.
- If you have already registered and paid in full your registration, you are not eligible for a discount if your organization also submits and qualifies for a group registration at a later date. You may cancel your registration minus the EUR 300 registration fee by March 15, 2009 if you wish to partake in your organization's group registration.
- Black Hat reserves the right to cancel your duplicate, unpaid registrations without notice.
Download the Registration Cancellation Form
TRAINING CLASS CANCELLATIONS BY BLACKHAT
If Black Hat is forced to close a training class due to low enrollment, you have the following options:
- receive a refund your monies in full should you choose to cancel your training - you will not be assessed an adminsitrative fee.
- move to another class if there is space in the class. You should complete the form that was sent to you via email and return it as directed on the form
You will not receive a refund for the entire conference should you choose to cancel your entire registration. You will only receive a refund for the cancelled class. If you wish to cancel your entire registration, please complete the Registration Cancellation Form.
Black Hat will not be liable for reimbursement for any non-refundable hotel or travel costs if the registrant has been informed that the course is cancelled before March 15.
Substitutions, including those made on site, are allowed with the written permission of the original registrant. You may submit your request via e-mail or fax by completing the Black Hat Substitution Request Form.
If you find that you have registered yourself for the incorrect class, you must contact us by March 15, 2009 in order for us to move you to the class you originally wanted to be in (space pending). We cannot move you to another class after March 15.
A substitution is a straight transfer of registration credentials.
- If your substitution requires us to process a new payment (change in credit card, additional class fees), this is considered a NEW registration and the person will be required to complete the on-line registration form and billed for all applicable registration fees.
- If your substitution requires a training class change, this is considered a NEW registration and the person will be required to complete the on-line registration form and billed all applicable registration fees.
Outstanding balances are due at the start of the conference. Admission to the training and briefings will not be allowed and registration credentials will not be issued until all fees have been paid in full. Black Hat reserves the right to cancel your training registraton if we do not receive payment by March 15, 2009.
EIN/TIN: 11-2240940; Dun and Bradstreet: 06-592-6420
Wire Transfers: If you are paying by check or wire transfer, please note that payment in full needs to reach Black Hat no later than March 15, 2009 or your training and briefings registration may be cancelled and the seat given to a paid registrant. You will be notified in the event of this happening. Please forward a copy of the SWIFT receipt and the Wire Transfer form once the funds have been sent.
Download Wire Transfer Payment Form
Credit Cards: We accept Mastercard, Visa & American Express. All credit cards are processed at the time of your registration.
Download Credit Card Payment Form
Credit Cards - Change of Payment: If the credit card you provided us with has been successfully charged and you request that a different card be charged, you will incur a EUR 100 administration fee.
Download Credit Card Change Request Form
Checks: If your check is returned to us as unprocessable, you will incur a EUR 50 check handling fee and must provide payment in the form of a Certified Check or US money order. You will be notified in the event of this happening.
All checks should be endorsed to: Black Hat - UBM
Checks should be mailed to:
1932 1st Ave, #204
Seattle, WA 98101
Purchase Order: Purchase Orders are NOT ACCEPTED for this event. You may request an invoice but Black Hat does not agree to any terms of purchase orders.
All payments are due by March 15, 2009 or your registration will be canceled. If you are registered for a training class, your seat will be released to a paying delegate.
DECLINED CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS:
If your credit card is declined, DO NOT make a second registration or register multiple times. Those who do will be charged a EUR 300 administration fee per declined transaction. This is called the Registration Cancellation Administration Fee. If your credit card is declined, please contact your credit card company first to inform them of the issue and contact us at +1 206 443 5489 after you have spoken to the credit card bank.
Refunds will only be given if a Registration Cancellation Request Form is completed and returned by March 15, 2009.
- Credit Cards: Refunds for credit car payments will only be to the original card charged.
- Checks: Payments made via check will be refunded with a check. Checks will be issued NET 30 from the date of receipt of a completed Registration Cancellation Request Form.
- Wires: Payments made via wire will be refunded with a check. Checks will be issued NET 30 from the date of receipt of a completed Registration Cancellation Request Form.
Receipts are issued within 3 business days from the date payment has been processed. Receipts are only issued to registrants who are paid in full. Receipts will be sent via email to the REGISTRANT'S email address.
Coupon codes are only applicable to registrations that are completed online. Only one coupon code may be applied to an individual registration. Coupon codes may not be combined. Coupon codes must be applied at the time of registration. Coupon codes may not be applied after registrations have been paid.
Group discounts are available for groups of 4 or more attendees registered and paid at the same time. Please email registration manager [blackhatregistration at ubm.com] for more information.
- Group registration requests are not available after March 15, 2009.
- We cannot retroactively apply a discount to a group if they have registered as individuals.
- ALL groups wishing to apply for a group discount must contact the registration manager [blackhatregistration at ubm.com] PRIOR to registering online.
- If you have already registered and paid in full your registration, you are not eligible for a discount if your organization also submits and qualifies for a group registration. You may cancel your registration minus the EUR 300 registration fee by March 15 if you wish to partake in your organization's group registration.
TRAINING CLASS CHANGE REQUEST:
If you wish to change classes, you must submit the Training Class Change Request form by March 15, 2009. You will be billed the difference in the class cost. All outstanding fees must be paid in full by March 15, 2009.
- If you are owed a refund for the difference of the class cost, you will be sent a refund via the same method of payment.
- Class change requests will not be accepted after March 15, 2009.
- All trainers are paid per student registered for the class and it would be unfair to the trainers to change their expected enrollment once we have guaranteed them a certain number of students.
You are registered only for the training class you selected. In order to change classes, you must complete the Training Class Change Request no later than March 15, 2009, space pending. After this date, we cannot change your training class unless it is been cancelled.
Please Email your request to: blackhatregistration at ubm.com. Class space for the training is extremely limited and we have sold out in years past so there is no guarantee that space will be available in the class you are requesting.
All persons on the conference floor must have a badge visible on their person at all times. Spouses, friends, peers, etc are not granted access to the show floor without a badge. If you wish for them to accompany you to any of the conference events you must register and pay the associated fees.
All persons on the conference floor must have a badge visible on their person at all times. Spouses, friends, peers, etc are not granted access to the show floor without a badge. If you wish for them to accompany you to any of the conference events including meals, reception, breaks or sessions, you must register them and pay the appropriate fees. Lost badges will incur a replacement fee.
LETTERS OF INVITATION:
If you require a Letter of Invitation to attend this event, you must select "Letter of Invitation" on the on-line Registration form. Letters of Invitation are usually only required by foreigners who must obtain a VISA in order to attend the conference.
- All persons who require a Letter of Invitation to attend the conference must be registered and paid in full.
- Letters of Invitation will only be issued to the registrant and only after the registration is paid in full.
- Letters of Registration are only issued in the name of the registrant and will be sent via Fed Ex.
- If you require a Letter of Invitation, please indicate this on the online registration form. Additional fees apply.
- Letters of Invitation will not be sent until December 1, 2008.
- All requests for a Letter of Invitation must be received no later than March 1, 2009. Requests received after March 1, 2009 will not be honored.
Letters of Invitation are only good for the person stated on the letter and will not allow an additional person or guest entrance to the conference. All additional persons must register and pay the required fees.
TRAINING CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION:
If you do not receive a Training Certificate of Training, you must request your certificate no later than 30 days after the end of the conference or you will not receive one. Black Hat does not replace lost, stolen or misplaced Certificates of Completion 30 days past the end of the event.
All fully paid training and briefings delegates will receive continental breakfast, lunch and two coffee services per day of paid attendance.
Fees are non-refundable for any of the meal functions, regardless if you participate or not. At the conference, please request your selection from the server. We do our best to fulfill special meal needs and requests however we cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet them.
All meal and reception only tickets are non-refundable.
Full paid Briefings delegates receive lunch on each day and entrance to the reception on the evening of Day 1. You do not have to purchase additional tickets for yourself if you are a paid Briefings delegate.
If you would like a non-Briefings registered person to attend the luncheons or reception with you, you may purchase additonal meal and reception tickets. The meal and reception only tickets WILL NOT allow the person to attend any of the sessions nor will it allow them to be on the conference floor during the sessions. If you wish for them to attend a session, partake in the breaks or be on the conference floor at any time, you must purchase a full Briefings registration.
Software purchased through the Black Hat website are non-refundable for any reason.
- Black Hat Conference Proccedings CD are non-refundable. Conference Proceedings CDs do not contain any audio or video- they contain speaker provided presentation materials such as slides, tools and code.
Continuing Professional Education Credits (CPE) for those who are certified through ISC(2):
- 16 CPE units for the conference (Thursday, April 16 - Friday, April 17)
- 16 CPE units for each 2-day training session
- 8 CPE units for each 1-day training session
- Special service for CISSPs and SSCPs: Black Hat will automatically forward your earned CPE units to ISC(2) upon completion of training. Please provide your certificate number on the online registration form.
Each paid Briefings registrant will receive a Conference Proceedings CD and a printed conference program detailing the events of the conference.
Black Hat Europe 2009 Registration Terms and Conditions