Advanced Wi-Fi Penetration Testing
Vivek Ramachandran Mar 12-13
Ends January 10
Ends Feb 28
Ends March 15
This training is based on the best selling book “Backtrack 5 Wireless Penetration Testing” and will provide a highly technical and in-depth treatment of Wi-Fi security. The emphasis will be to provide the participants with a deep understanding of the principles behind various attacks and not just a quick how-to guide on publicly available tools.
During the course of this training participants will do over 25+ hands on lab sessions and will fight it out against live CTF challenges. These include – cracking WPA Enterprise (PEAP, EAP-TTLS), MITM attacks over Wireless, Creating Wi-Fi Backdoors, Scripting and Attack automation, Wireless Forensics and Security Best Practices.
Participants will learn:
- In-depth concept oriented understanding of Wireless LAN (in)security
- Be able to audit wireless networks for security vulnerabilities
- Demonstrate different Wi-Fi attacks as Proof of Concepts
- Propose best practices to create a secure wireless network
Mandatory Requirements for the training:
- Laptop with at least 3 GB RAM
- Backtrack 5R3 installed in Virtualbox with Windows / Linux / Mac as the Host
- 1 working USB 2.0 port on your laptop (important as the Wi-Fi card only works with 2.0 ports)
- Admin / Root on the laptop so you can install software
- Over 25 hands on lab sessions for the participants
- 5 pure Wi-Fi CTF challenges during the training
- Wireless LAN basics
- Should know how to configure WLANs – access points and clients
- Familiarity with Linux
- Full course content slides
- Over 10 hours of HD quality video lectures with hands-on demonstrations
- Alfa Networks Wi-Fi Card
- Backtrack 5 Wireless Penetration Testing Beginners Guide
Vivek Ramachandran is the Founder and Chief Trainer at SecurityTube.net. He discovered the Caffe Latte attack, broke WEP Cloaking, a WEP protection schema in 2007 publicly at Defcon and conceptualized enterprise Wi-Fi Backdoors. He is also the author of the book "Backtrack 5 Wireless Penetration Testing".
Vivek currently runs the SecurityTube Wi-Fi Security Expert (SWSE) online course and certification which is currently being taken by students from over 35+ countries around the world.
In a past life, he was one of the programmers of the 802.1x protocol and Port Security in Cisco's 6500 Catalyst series of switches. He was also one of the winners of the Microsoft Security Shootout contest held in India among a reported 65,000 participants.
Vivek's work on wireless security has been quoted in BBC online, InfoWorld, MacWorld, The Register, IT World Canada etc. places. He has spoken/trained at top conferences around the world including Blackhat USA and Abu Dhabi, Defcon, Hacktivity, Brucon, ClubHack, SecurityByte, SecurityZone, C0C0n etc.